Browse areas of help
Make sure that you are warm before performing this exercise.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a fixed surface such as a kitchen worktop.
- Bend your knees and push your bottom backwards, as though you were going to sit down.
- Try to keep your knees above your toes.
- Come back up to the start position.
- If you feel steady, perform without holding on.
Try and aim to do 10 supported squats every other day.
You take responsibility for your own exercise programme. All content should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your G.P. or any other health care professional. Please ensure you take all steps to ensure your personal safety and to minimise any risk while doing the exercises.
Individuals using these exercises do so at their own risk.