Accessibility Statement for Access to a Better Life in East Lothian 8th September 2020
ADL Smartcare Limited is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
ADL Smartcare Limited takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of ADL Platform Beta:
- We include accessibility as part of our mission statement;
- We include accessibility throughout our internal policies;
- We assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
This website is run by ADL Smartcare Limited. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Access to a Better Life in East Lothian is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions. Please see a link below to a description of those standards
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of ADL Platform Beta. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on ADL Platform Beta:
- Phone: 0800 612 6845
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: ADL Smartcare Limited, Digital Campus, 3 Concourse Way, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2BJ
Accessibility of Access to a Better Life in East Lothian relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
ADL Smartcare Limited assessed the accessibility of Access to a Better Life in East Lothian by the following approaches:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer