Fibromyalgia (sometimes referred to as Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMA)) is a long term condition that causes pain all over the body. Other symptoms may include:
- Increased sensitivity to pain
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep leading to fatigue
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering things (sometimes referred to as ‘fibro-fog’)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Feeling frustrated, worried or low in mood.
Symptoms can be changeable, sometimes suddenly improving or getting worse.